Sunday, October 15, 2017
One of the benefits of regularly grooming your pet is having a good looking and fresh smelling dog. But more importantly, it can improve wellness and possibly even prevent illness and injuries from occurring or advancing.
1. Trimmed toenails have less of a chance of breaking.
In addition to being incredibly painful, broken nails open the door to infection.
2. Trimmed toenails also prevent abnormal changes to a dog's toes and feet.
If the feet are not hitting the ground properly, it affects a dog's ability to walk
3. Mats prevent good airflow to the skin.
This leads to a buildup of moisture, debris and even parasites and can
cause skin infections.
4. Mat free coats allow you to find problems sooner.
It is easier to see abnormal growths or injuries on a groomed dog.
5. Groomed bodies and feet keep active breeds moving freely.
As an example, hunting dogs need unhindered motion in their legs and feet to
prevent injuries while retrieving game on land and in water.
6. Good ear monitoring prevents ear infections.
Non shedding breeds, such as the Poodles and some terriers, need to have hair
inside the ears pulled out to prevent a breeding ground for infection.
At the same time do not over clean a dog's ears unless it is needed.
7. Cleaned anal glands prevent blockage and infections.
8. Regular bathing helps dogs and people with allergies.
You are not just getting them clean, but you are also washing off allergens.
9. Regular tooth brushing helps prevent dental infections.
Dental infections affect the mouth and major organs, including the heart
and kidneys. Gently brush your dog's teeth for good oral hygiene.